08 June 2012

Bluebirds...


This gorgeous little birdy was made by Ashely at Secret Holiday & Co, and he is the inspiration for this month's challenge over at Show Us Your Stuff.


Here's my take on the birdy theme... a photo of me from 1983 wearing blue quilted overalls (so stylish) in a Chinese garden seemed like a good fit for the colour scheme, and I wanted to use some of my handmade lotus flowers which I thought would work nicely with the Chinese lion in the photo. Other bits and pieces include paper from Kaisercraft's Home Made range, Maya Road lace flower, the birdy and the white flowers were from a craft expo.

I didn't ink any edges like I do on nearly every other time because I wanted to keep it light and pale, but it kind of looks a bit naked without ink I think? I don't know, should I have inked and distressed the edges a bit?

If you like the lotus flowers, there are a few packs available in the RaineCloud store.

I'm off to enjoy the start of my awesome kid and husband free weekend, woooot!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Leonie I just love you lo! what a great photo works in so well with your papers and your bird embellie is so cute, no I don't think you should have inked your edges I like the softness great job thanks for joining in at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - those flowers look amazing!
    How cute were you back in the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, I life the softness. I think it looks perfect without the inking.
    Thanks for playing at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete