11 July 2012

My first DT projects for Pages 2 Scrap... Echo Park's 'For The Record'

Well I am very chuffed to announce that I am on the Design Team for Pages 2 Scrap, an awesome store in Tuggerah, just north of Sydney. So look forward to more posts using the lovely monthly kits I'll be receiving!

For my first projects, the ladies at Pages 2 Scrap sent me some papers from the lovely 'For The Record' collection from Echo Park. This collection really suits my style; it is a bit vintage, a bit girly, but not too frou-frou flowery. I particularly like this Fancy Floral paper - it reminds me of the dresses my Nan used to wear.


I put together two layouts and a card - the first layout using red cardstock to co-ordinate with the red and green scheme. I've used a small heart punch and silver Glimmermist to make a blown dandelion effect; I thought this would suit the photo of Holly looking like she is doing something cute and feminine but she is actually eating grass LOL.

I used some twine and the polka-dot print on the back of the Vintage Linen paper to make a banner, and added some BasicGrey rubons, little flower cabochons and a Kaisercraft waterlily card from the Hunt & Gather collection under the photo. My kit also included a sweet poppy stamp which I've stamped in white ink at the bottom of the page. I really like how bright and vibrant this layout has turned out, although I was a little heavy-handed with the Glimmermist and my paper has stayed a bit lumpy!


For my second layout, I used the Echo Park 'Fabric Store' paper with some more red cardstock as a base. I haven't done a layout with filmstrip-style photos for a while so I thought I'd try these couple of shots of Ty lining up his matchbox cars in a perfectly straight row in the middle of the kitchen floor. He's a bit OCD when it comes to putting things in lines!

I've used the Jenny Bowlin mini bingo card from my kit behind the photos and a vintage French flash card and milk bottle cap. The alphas are also from the For The Record collection. There's a little strip of red and white ribbon and a chipboard arrow which I've inked and added Dimensional Magic to, and a bit of blue Kaisercraft paint underneath it all, and that's about it!


I didn't want this piece of Fancy Floral paper to go to waste so I added it to a kraft card with a 1" punched circle and 'congrats' sticker from the Echo Park alpha sticker sheet. The ribbon effect is a happy accident; I realised once I started stapling that the staples held the ribbon down without actually piercing through it, so I could pull and adjust bits out to make a wave effect. 

 

I had lots of fun making these projects and am already looking forward to getting stuck in to my next kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment