17 September 2012

Kraft It Up September Challenge


I love this earthy, natural palette that is the basis for this month's challenge at Kraft It Up!


I thought I would channel the amazingly talented queen of minimalist scrapping, Louise Nelson, and try and do a really simple layout. I often tend to fiddle too much with my layouts and add too much stuff when I should really just leave them be, so this style is a bit challenging for me!


And I never scrap photos of myself, so this is a bit new for me too! Especially photos of me smiling where my braces are so obvious. Two and a half years and the end is still not quite in sight... but hopefully after Christmas I will have beautiful straight teeth!

The feather is from Words or Whatever, covered with a bit of white ink and embossing powder, and the alphas are Amy Tangerine thickers. 


6 comments:

  1. Leonie your layout rocks in so many ways! seriously!!!! & thank you! as your wonderful friend Karyn said it is the ultimate compliment! :)

    Oh and PS.....

    You have one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever seen!!!!!

    Louise :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Louise, that means a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leonie. Just loving your interpretation of the challenge on Kraft It Up! this month. The minimalist style really suits you! Thank you for playing along with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have channeled Lou very well...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your minimalistic style! Thanks for playing along at KIU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous layout Leonie..and wonderful channelling of your inner Lou!..thanks so much for joining in at KIU! :)

    ReplyDelete