05 November 2012

Pastel, Wire & Sweet... November 123 Challenge


How AWESOME is my mum's handmade floral chiffon and silver lurex wedding dress? Oh yes, I did say lurex - it was 1978 after all.   :)

Mum is the queen of thriftiness and this pic was taken after the ceremony which was held in her loungeroom, in the house where she still lives - just not with my dad. They're both happily re-married and although this pic probably conjures mixed emotions for mum, I couldn't resist scrapping it. It just sums her up so completely - no bells and whistles, even for her wedding!


I used to love dressing up in her dress and I'm pretty sure I wore just the silver slip dress part out to a party one time!

This layout is for this month's 123 Challenge where the criteria was to use pastels, the word 'sweet', and wire. After Lou's class on Friday I just happened to have some wire on my desk, how convenient! :)

Materials used:
Kaisercraft Lake House paper, Prima bling, Manorhouse flower, butterflies from Ruby Rock-it, washi tape, glimmermist, Crafters Workshop stencil, Thickers, Glitz transparency and that blue and greenish recycled looking paper behind the photo is some that I made with my Aunt when I was, oh, maybe 12? Yes, I hoard craft supplies!!

Stay crafty!


2 comments:

  1. I love this layout. The background you created, the colours, everything! Thanks so much for playing 123 this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning Leonie! I love the dimensions! Thanks for playing along at 123!

    ReplyDelete