19 November 2012

Rock pools


Unusually for me, this layout started with the quote. I wanted to use the Tolkien quote 'not all who wander are lost' (just coz I like it, I'm not a Tolkien nerd :) and found this old photo of Richard rock hopping at Austinmer Beach.

This was right back when we met in 2006 and one of the things we bonded over was a mutual love of nature and being outside. I wanted to bring some natural elements into this page so used twine and a feather (thanks Rhyallie!) as well as the cool Basic Grey paper which I think kind of looks like the seashore or rock pools or something. 


It took me ages to get the background to a point where I was happy with it... but I just kept layering stuff over the top till it looked ok. I was a bit heavy handed with the misting and it's really dark under the photo so I had to adjust the page layout so I could cover the ugly bit.  :)


The sweet tag behind the photo was a leftover from the Pages 2 Scrap retreat; we had some lovely goodie bags on our table each morning with these little tags on them.

Materials used: Basic Grey clippings paper, Adorn-it alphas, vintage ticket, tissue paper, Tim Holtz film strip, Jenni Bowlin buttons, Kaisercraft heart, twine, Glimmermist, Kaisercraft white paint, feather, manilla tag.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE how you scrap!!
    Think I need to sit next to you creating one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome Peg! It's such a small scrappy world I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete